Tuesday, January 22, 2013

about me

     I'm 23 which isn't old but it totally snuck up on me.  I don't feel 23 yet and if that's starting now I'm pretty excited for the future.  I've been married for about a year and 7 months.  My husband is Todd and he is awesome, I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have him.  I will be talking about him a lot more, but this is about me so lets get back to it.  I work at a daycare which means every day is interesting and surprising.  I love those kids like they're mine but some days working there is the best birth control on the market.
     I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints aka I'm a Mormon.  Religion is a huge part of any persons life and I am no exception.  It effects my every day in my thoughts and actions.  Another thing about me, I have general anxiety disorder which pretty much means stupid and pointless things make me cray cray with anxiety.  I'm also painfully shy.  My uncle in-law literally thought I didn't speak English the first few times he met me, an unfortunate but true story.  But you better believe that once I feel comfortable around you I'm am totally insane. 
     My hobbies include having spontaneous dance parties, watching a lot of TV, sleeping in, eating delicious food, playing board games, singing songs mid conversation when an unsuspecting person accidentally quotes a lyric to a song I know, laughing with friends, hanging out with the hubs and a lot more random things.  Things that scare me, scary movies (duh), being alone, talking in front of people, trying new things and swimming in any body of water that's bigger than my tub.  Things I hate, cleaning anything, mornings, bills and the gym.  
     I decided to start a blog just because I love to write.  I don't think anything I say will be particularly eye opening or life changing but it'll just be my thoughts on things and the way I see the world.  My family and friends are spread out all over the country and I couldn't imagine a worse person at keeping in touch with people than myself so I'm hoping this could be a way that they can know what I'm up to.  I can only pray that it will be somewhat entertaining to read.  My goal isn't really to give advice or teach crafts its just to share what I'm learning and going through and hopefully you can relate.  

9 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Chels. I had no idea that you are painfully shy. You are so sweet and warm. You make it so easy for others to befriend you. I have always struggled with shyness and get serious social anxiety (don't get me started on stressing each month about VT visits!)
    I am glad you do let people get to know you because you are really fun....um, just look at your list of hobbies!!! Sure love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. steph you're the best! and i love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you are my twin. I am the most paranoid person I know, and I cannot swim. Also sleeping and eating = <3
    I'm excited to see you and Todd this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is why we are such great friends :) I am so excited about this... you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to learn more about you! You are one on the long list of Leon's cousin's that I haven't been able to meet yet. Know that you are always welcome to come visit here in Tennessee.


    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I love reading blogs. Mine is gkconover.blogspot.com if you wanted to look. We really need to be better neighbors and have you guys over. I am cursed with shyness as well and I have a gym obsessed hubby so we have a lot in common ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SOO cute! It makes me really excited :) You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete